Thursday, March 31, 2011

What are my goals for the next couple of takes?

I think that as a main character, my stakes are quite high and I have to leave them there in order for the play to work out for myself and for everyone else. I like to experiment when I'm acting, just to try out different things, so I think that one of my goals would be to try many more ways to play around with my character to make him stand in and out at the same thing. Romeo to me is a striving, loving, dedicated person who just wants to love the one for him. I need to show that more when I am being filmed or else I'll feel as if I'm letting myself and other actors down. If, I have the chance, I want to sit down before we start filming scenes and talk to the actors in the scene to see if we can just disect and digest what is going on in that particular scene.

I also believe that I can be more ontop of my lines for the next few weeks. I think that I should at least be an example for others because I have been trained in this background. I believe that if i step back from the leader role into more of a helping role, then things may flow a little better. Encouraging other people will have to be another thing for me to work on. Maybe instead of just pouting off in the corner because we cant get through a scene, I could help actors and directors or whomever to get a little more done. I dont think that there are any obstacles in my way that are telling me to quit or to throw a tantrum or anything when things dont go right, because nothing is ever going to go 100% right but there is nothing that is saying we cant get close. My goals are set in stone, and I am ready to move to the next thing! Let's do it... :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever get asked about being Romeo outside of school or outside of intro? Cause I never do! Haha and I'm fine with that!

    ReplyDelete